Tuesday, June 09, 2009

PICTURES


One of the most important and time consuming things that has been going on in recent months has been the construction of our new house at Callodyne. And this has kept us away from the 'party and get-together circuit '.

Seriously, building a house in Mauritius is an experience that I will never forget.... 12 months ago I thought that concrete was concrete... and that you add it to water and you can build a house... now ask me about architects ( luckily we have a very good one), about building contractors , and workmen , and rock sand and metal bars... ( did you know that you can spend a few cool millions (MUR) just on the metal framework that goes into a construction project????
As anyone who has gone through this in Mtius can tell you - you need to be on site almost everyday ... and that has been the reason why I've not updated as much as i should... all my spare time is spent on-site.
But now I've remedied that so i hope you enjoy the picture-set HERE.

As usual just click HERE and off you go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures mate.... Any chance of a review of the excellent hdrse11?