Monday, May 16, 2005

JVC Everio 500 Dream machine.

WOW!!!!
I have been lusting over this machine for the last 3 months.
we've been looking for a camcorder now since our Cannon camera ceased working. An eject tape message kept coming up , and a quick search on the net showed that this was a common problem with Cannon DV cameras.
so that put me off Cannon- I don't think that I will buy another cannon product.And that put me off a cassette based cameras.
The logical step was a camera that recorded straight to DVD. But there are many arguments against that; less control over editing. Can only use DVD once etc.
Then I came access this baby.....
This baby records direct to a removable 4 gb hard disk. That translates to 1 hour of DVD quality pictures ( that can be played on large and plasma screen without pigmentization which occurs with lesser quality recordings).
Its also capable of 5 megapixel still pictures. This is achieved through the use of the 3 ccd's. One for each primary colour. This with what JVC calls 'pixel shifting technology' can take pictures with real depth and excellent colour representation.
also the fact that it records digitally to a hard disk, is that the transfer to PC takes only as long as it does to cut and paste files. That's it.
the negative points , from what I can see is that you are restricted to one hour one go recording, then you have to download to a PC or other storage method.
but I don't think that's too bad a compromise for what you get in return.
Unfortunately there is no release date as of yet for this Baby. JVC originally implied that the release date would be in march 05. But this has yet to materialize.
of course this then means that there are not yet any USER reviews of this camera. I think I can safely say that I have scoured the net-via google- and am yet to find a review from anyone who's actually got one.
if anyone reading this knows of a site or blog or whatever..... Let me know.
Either way its the future of home recording.

No comments: